Water flossers are great tools for those who struggle with their flossing technique or just don’t like to floss in general. They make flossing an easy and enjoyable experience. Flossing is an extremely important task that is vital if you want and strong and healthy smile. Our team encourages you to floss your teeth with a water flosser at least once a day so you can have the oral health you deserve.
How to Use a Water Flosser
- Make sure the base, also known as the reservoir, is filled with lukewarm water. Select the tip you would like to use, and adjust the pressure control to the level you prefer.
- Lean over the sink and press the tip of the water flosser in your mouth. Close your lips around the tip and turn the unit on. It’s important to keep your lips tight around the flosser.
- Start by rinsing between your back teeth and pause briefly at every crevice. When cleaning aim the flosser tip just above the gumline at a 90-degree angle.
- When you are done washing the food particles and plaque from between your teeth, turn the unit off and then press the “Tip Eject” button to remove the tip.
Why Use a Water Flosser
- Evidence proves that it is an effective way to deeply clean the crevices of your smile.
- It is easy to use.
- It effectively removes plaque and other harmful substances from your teeth.
- It deeply cleans the pockets in your mouth.
- It thoroughly cleans around braces and other orthodontic appliances.
- It is safe and gentle.
- It reduces your chances of having periodontal disease.
If you have any questions about a water flosser in Sacramento, California, or if you would like to schedule an appointment with your dentist, Dr. David J. Berg, regarding oral hygiene, call Studio 1 Dental today at 916.567.0900. Our friendly dental team is here to help you in any way we can, and we look forward to helping you achieve the smile of your dreams!